Tuesday, January 5

New Year, new fun!




Let me first begin by wishing everyone a Happy New Year! May you carry out your New Year's Resolution past the month of January, lol.

As we all embark on the journey of a new year, I couldn't help but think I needed a fun new activity for the kids first session back. If my kids are anything like you all's it doesn't matter the age they all want to talk about their holiday break. This is why I decided to create an activity to allow them an opportunity to  share their stories, and especially help those with expressive language deficits share as well.



This activity which can also be used as a ice breaker should not take more than 15 -20 minutes of your session depending on the size. Each child is given an opportunity to choose a colorful mitten out of a bag (I'll be using a recycled Holiday bag). Depending on the color of the mitten the child will be given a specific topic to respond to (topics are predetermine).

I tried this activity out already with some of my kids and they loved the element of surprise digging in the bag. Most of all they enjoyed the opportunity to tell their Speech friends all the cool things that happened or the cool gifts they received during the Holiday break.

Check the "Printables" tab for your free copy.

No comments: