Friday, September 19

Pickled "Pro"Nouns

Like most, I have been busy trying to prepare for the start of school. However, I did not want to go without posting this week. Therefore, as I began to brainstorm about various topics, I realized why not post an treatment activity (it may just help assist in the preparations of upcoming therapy sessions).

"Pickled "Pro"Nouns", is an activity I created at the very end of the previous school year for one of my students. The idea derived from hearing this particular student say pickles were his favorite food. The concept of the activity is simple, and easy to create activity. It primarily focuses on the identification of Nouns and Pronouns. 

How to play: Have students take turns fishing out pickles and identifying if they are a Noun or Pronoun. Variations of implementing the activity include: matching and/or using "pickles" in a sentence.

In order to create the activity, I first created a word document where I used shapes to create the green pickle template. I then wrote Nouns and Pronouns on each pickle prior to laminating and cutting with a silver marker. The container in which I used was purchased at Dollar Tree and after cutting out each pickle I simply named the jar and "Pickled "Pro"Nouns" was created. 


No comments: