Thursday, August 7

The end to a restful summer...

As my summer comes to a close, I can only help but think of all the things I need to prepare in order to be ready for my first day of therapy. If your anything like me you probably have a list that looks similar to this.

Things to do before students arrive...
  1. Pick up a new calendar
  2. Review caseload
  3. Print out modification and/or accommodations
  4. Obtain a copy of all teachers rosters
  5. Make a Therapy Schedule 
  6. Print out blank Data Sheets
  7. Prepare binders 
  8. Prepare a first week's lesson plan
  9. Check my Medicade list for billing
  10. Pick up a bottle of  Germ-X and Lysol wipes, and so forth. 
If your list has some of the things that mine has, I am here to help you. I will be placing under the "Printables" tab a few handy items to help you prepare for the new school year. In my opinion the beginning of the year can be a little crazy; especially if you are new to providing services in schools. This is why I am sharing these items to assist you, or maybe help you be a little more organized.


In addition to the freebies, if you are someone who loves binders, and/or feels everything needs to be in a binder. Here is a cool organization solution I saw on Pinterest and wanted to share.

Here is a Dish Rack that can be used to keep binders in place for quick access. 
I'm planning on decorating mine with the cool duck tape they sell at Wal-Mart and Target. 


(side view)





No comments: