Wednesday, February 11

Hey Miss. Sassy, throw me some Speech Ideas

Hey Miss. Sassy, throw me some Speech Ideas! It’s that time of the year again. Although, I am not from the great state of Louisiana; I love to celebrate Mardi Gras. Therefore, I could not let Mardi Gras pass without a post centered around the celebration.

So by now, you may have already realized this post is all about incorporating Mardi Gras in to your weekly session. Today, I have come up with two ideas for incorporating the Mardi Gras theme into treatment to insure a “Party Gras” while addressing goals and objectives. 

The first activity is designed to address Articulation. Simply place target words on the numbered lines and as children say each word use pieces of sequin to decorate the mask.  The words can be repeated numerous time to have the kids fill up the mask. The more intense the drill, the smaller the sequin I would use (just to have more practice). This the time of year I am sure you can find green, yellow/gold, or purple sequin at your local Hobby Lobby or Michael’s crafts stores. Fun, simple, and to the kids will love it.




The second activity I created is generic so that it can be used in variety of ways. It also involves a mask, however, with this activity you can alter it to your Language and Fluency kids. An example in which I plan to use the second mask is with a student who is working on following 1-2 step directions.  An example for a following direction concept includes: color the feathers purple, but the dots green. This can also be broken down into smaller step depending on the needs of your clients/students. 


Both activities can be found under the "Printables" tab. 

Until next time.....

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler! Let the Good Times Roll!


No comments: