Sunday, February 22

Speech Sound(s) Placement Cards

This year I've had a few teachers ask for visual aids to assist their Articulation students outside of therapy. Initially, I took pictures of myself, but I must say looking at a picture of your own mouth blown up is not flattering. So, after searching the Internet for pictures; I have finally made you all's (my teachers) request a reality. I know this may feel a little late to a few of you, but better late than never.

As many of fellow school based SLPs know, life can get really busy when you’re providing services in the schools (but I digress). Nevertheless, today I am proud to say I have completed the Speech Sound Visual Placement Cards for my students, teachers, and parents.

Thus far, I've completed cards for /f/ and /v/, /sh/ and /ch/, /k/ and /g/, /th/, /l/, and /s/ and /z/.  Hopefully /d/ and /t/ will come soon; I did not want to withhold the opportunity to present the cards that were ready. So keep a look out by following my blog for the missing sounds and other cool printable items. 

*Note: Tongue and Lip placement images were found using Google images. 

Here’s a sneak peek…


No comments: