Tuesday, March 3

The Luck of Speech Therapy

I'm not sure about you all, but for some reason I love celebrating St. Patrick's Day. As long as I can remember, I've gotten excited about wearing green on this day. I'm pretty sure it may be because of the age old tradition of pinching people who did not wear green. (Smiling). I say that because green is far from my favorite color. Needless to say, St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner and again this year it falls during my district's spring break. Therefore, the kids and I will be celebrating this day a little early.

**Note: I have created a fun activity and will be providing a therapy idea that can be found under the "Ideas" tab.

So...since St. Patrick's Day is leading into spring break I needed to create something fun and functional for my students. I am sure you all know how kids can be before a holiday or break occurs (i.e. inattentive, restless, and at times uninterested). This is why I have come up with a Shamrock Board Game to use reinforcement or a reward at the end of a session.

Materials Needed:
Spinner or Die
Penny
Worksheet (preferably printed on card stock and laminated)

How to play:
Using a die or spinner, the child or children will take turns moving around the board. If he/she lands on a Leprechaun he/she loses a turn. The first to make it to the post of gold wins.


Check it out by looking under the "Printables" tab.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: