Thursday, March 23

Back and with a freebie..




I know, I know, it's been a while. I totally feel like I've neglected my blog and everyone. I blame it on a busy work schedule and Instagram. Yes, I said Instagram. It seems as if it's easier just to take a picture of an activity I've created then to write and upload. I apologize and digress.


So, I have a super cute little Social Inferencing activity I've created for an after school patient. He loves his cell (a Christmas gift) and has mentioned how texting (he's finally making a few friends) is hard and how he does not know what some of the Emojis mean. 

Therefore, I decided to make a lesson around Emojis. I obtained the Emojis from Google and created a simple worksheet to go along with it. I will say I had to do a little research since I usually stick to the basic emojis. *The activity will be posted under the "Printables" tab.  Feel free to tweak the activity to your liking. 

How to implement:
First, we looked at a few emojis that the patient understood and those that were a bit confusing. I then had him cut out twelve emojis six in which he knew and six he did not. We glued those into the blue boxes and then created text messages (while discussing them) he that thought went with that emoji. Also, I created a few text and had him infer the meaning. Needless to say it was a hit, and this is why I wanted to share. I hope you like it and enjoy it.

Side Note: If you choose to try this task, just know Android, Apple, HTC, and Google emojis tend to look different from each other.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to follow me on Instagram. @sassyspeechchick

No comments: